Pages

Sunday 16 October 2011

450 Fries Museum Samplers On Line

Oh Joy, OH JOY! The Fries Museum in Leeuwarden, Netherlands now has 450 samplers on-line for our delight! Thank you so much Fries Museum! When I was there I was overwhelmed by these beauties when kindly shown them by Gieneke Arnoli, their curator, and though my eyes grasped tight I found it hard to keep all I saw in mind and their images faded over time.
You can zoom in on each sampler to see excellent detail.
And look at all the stitching.
Each sampler has an image of its front .....
and reverse - so you can see what really happens behind those darns! Just click here to visit the samplers.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for this link, the samplers are just wonderful!!!!! I will surely spend many hours at this site in the future!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the link, I enjoyed the visit very much and put it in my favorits! Greetings
    Lida

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a fantastic site for those of us in love with Dutch samplers, thanks so much for sharing!
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful Jacqueline! We visited this Museum with the TSG, and saw most of their collection, very nice to be able to see them on-line. Thanks for the link.
    Liefs

    ReplyDelete